No need to wait till Fall as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can actually apply the update of latest IOS 7 for your iDevice. The best part is that this technique is FREE and doesn’t not require you to pay for. Also, if that was not enough, it’s a reversible process and you can revert back to the existing version of firmware. This procedure is strictly meant for unlocked devices and not for locked devices.
Note: Please note that you need to create a backup of all the data in your iDevice so as to make sure that if in an unlikely event, the data gets lost or corrupted.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- With the help of iTunes, create a backup of all your data. Ensure that your iDevice is left with the minimum of 50% Battery Life. Your iDevice should be an UNLOCKED Device.
- Note down your existing version of IOS from the iTunes on a piece of paper or on a notepad of your computer.
- Next up, visit Apple Page to find out the model number of your device, Like for E.g iPhone 5 Unlocked GSM Variant has a model detail of “A1428”.
- Now, Download the .ipsw file for your corresponding device, like below we have mentioned for iPhone 5 of A1428 variant. For more, do let us know in the comments section below and we will come out with the same.
iOS 7 Beta 1 .ipsw File for iPhone 5 (A1428) [LINK REMOVED]
After Downloading the above file in your computer, check the file size of the same as it’s a torrent file.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned pre requisites, lets proceed to the actual procedure.
Procedure to Update iDevice with Latest iOS 7 Beta 1 Release:
- Assuming that you have downloaded the .ipsw file in the pre requisites, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Now, open iTunes and while pressing “Shift” key, click on “Restore iPhone” to get the below mentioned pop up wherein you need to select the .ipsw file for your device.
- After clicking on Open, wait for around 8 – 9 minutes for the update process to get completed. It may take longer period than expected sometimes.
- Once the device is successfully updated, you will see the Language preference option in the device and then disconnect the device to check the firmware update version from the “General > About” section.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this iOS 7 update in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section or on out Facebook / Google+ Page if you face any issues.